Additional processes and workload that we now must undertake at Uno Property to ensure your risks are managed and legal obligations met under new legislations:
- Arranging insulation assessments, including tenant access with the tenant to make sure that all assessments are carried out smoothly and with minimum impact on the tenants;
- Review assessment results and conduct a price comparison between all contractors and installers to ensure that we are passing the best deal available to our property owners in the case of the property requiring additional insulation done to meet regulatory compliance;
- Ensure insulation details are stipulated on all tenancy agreements.
- Scheduling for all smoke alarms in the property to be checked and tested in between each tenancy;
- Scheduling for all smoke alarms in the property to be checked and tested at least once a year, in the case of longer periods of tenancies
- Managing Smoke alarm call outs in case of faulty smoke alarms
- Ongoing market research on all available methamphetamine cleaning and testing companies to find and compare for the most reliable and cost-effective contractors;
- Scheduling for all properties to be tested prior to the start of each new tenancy with owner’s permission;
- Management of the property if the property is contaminated by methamphetamine; ie – liaising with the insurance companies on the behalf of the property owner and liaising with the methamphetamine cleaning company for instructions.
- Random spot check for Methamphetamine once a year, in the case of longer periods of tenancies with owner’s permission.
- Uno Property, as agent for our landlords, must identify asbestos and document plans for managing its risks in an asbestos management plan, if there is a risk of exposure to respirable asbestos fibres from work being carried out on the property. Click Here for more detailed explanation on Asbestos.
Healthy Homes Bill
- With the 1st July 2019 deadline for insulation approaching (as mentioned above) and the anticipation of the Healthy Homes Guarantee standards being set in the very near future – simply “requiring all rentals to be warm and dry”. Our job is to help get you ready for impending changes that is coming very very soon. Click here for more reading on “Healthy Homes Bill No.2”