We received the latest Auckland market summary from Trade Me, and we would like to share it with all landlords and tenants.
It’s not up to anyone to decide whether the rent will rise or fall, only the market does.
The rental data of 19 months from January 2020 to July 2021 in the Auckland Region collected by Trade Me are shown as follows:
1. Supply and demand
– Summary – there is no shortage
2. How long will it take to rent out?
– Summary – About 14-21 days
3. Property price distribution
4. The proportion of rooms and bathrooms in the listing
5. Top Search Terms
6. Demand by age
Demand by Buyer Location (Top 5)
7. Research Market
Conclusion – The average rent is generally in the range of $600-700, and houses with 2-3 rooms are still in the highest demand. The first quarter of each year is the peak season for renting.